Terms & Conditions
- Full payment is required upon registration. If you need to cancel you can receive a refund if requested 6 weeks before the start of the retreat. If you cancel within six weeks of the retreat your funds are not refundable but are transferable to another retreat within one year. If you cancel within one week of the retreat, there is a $425 cancellation fee. There are no refunds or partial refunds for any reason once the retreat has started. Each retreat participant takes personal responsibility for their retreat experience. Pacifica staff are not a part of the retreat and are allowed to speak to perform their duties.
- For Scholarship requests Click Here.
- Currently there are no Covid restrictions or testing required. We will notify you before a retreat if that changes. There is abundant room in the meditation room to sit 6 feet or more away from other participants and you can wear a mask if you choose to.
- If you need to cancel, please email us as soon as possible. If you cancel 6 weeks prior to the start of the retreat your funds can be returned. If you cancel within 6 weeks of the start of your retreat all funds are non-refundable but are transferable to another retreat within one year.
- Orientation, necessary for all participants, starts at 4pm promptly.
- We do not accept guests later than 6:00pm. Please take advantage of arriving early. Pacifica opens at 8am. However, your first meal as a group starts with dinner at 5:30 pm.
- Drugs and alcohol are not allowed.
- In order to provide a deeper retreat for everyone, there are no smart watches, cell phones or computers in the facility or in your room. Please leave them in your car. In the unlikely event of a family emergency, your family may call Silent Stay Admin at: 805.329.1553 and we will find you.
What to Bring
- You may want a "dumb" watch, or "dumb" alarm clock to keep track of time. But their are clocks all around the facility. Observe your body and mind in natural time.
- Meditation Supplies: The Barrett Sanctuary provides chairs, yoga mats and yoga blankets. Feel free to bring your own meditation bench or cushion.
- Bathroom Supplies: Bring your own toiletries. Towels are provided but soaps and shampoos are not.
- Other: You may wish to bring a journal that can be very helpful in gathering inspirations during your retreat. Any reading material brought with you should be about philosophy, awareness practices, meditation. No magazines or newspapers.
- You can speak to admin or kitchen staff for personal needs (or pass them a note). Otherwise, we are holding verbal silence throughout the retreat period, on the grounds and in your room. There will be an opportunity to speak with the teachers during sessions, or when question and answer periods arise, and at the end of the retreat.
Adjustments to program
- We reserve the right to adjust the program and retreat leader as necessary for the successful operation of the retreat.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are causing a disturbance.
Is a silent retreat appropriate for me ?
- If you are on medication for psychological issues or experiencing large emotional swings, a silent retreat may not be appropriate. We do not provide counseling or therapy. You can email us before attending for advice.