Terms & Conditions
- A non reundable deposit is required upon registration. The balance due will be charged to your account six weeks before the start of the retreat. Payments are non refundable once paid but are transferrable to another retreat within one year.
If you cancel within one week of the retreat, there is a $425 cancellation fee. There are no refunds or partial refunds for any reason once the retreat has started.
Each retreat participant takes personal responsibility for their retreat experience. Pacifica staff are not a part of the retreat and are allowed to speak to perform their duties.
- For Scholarship requests Click Here.
- Currently there are no Covid restrictions or testing required. We will notify you before a retreat if that changes. There is abundant room in the meditation room to sit 6 feet or more away from other participants and you can wear a mask if you choose to.
- The first meditation is at 4pm on the first day.
- We do not accept guests later than 6:00pm. Please take advantage of arriving early. Pacifica opens at 8am. However, your first meal as a group starts with dinner at 5:30 pm.
- Drugs and alcohol are not allowed.
- In order to provide a deeper retreat for everyone, there are no smart watches, cell phones or computers in the facility or in your room. Please leave them in your car. In the unlikely event of a family emergency, your family may call Silent Stay Admin at: 805.329.1553 and we will find you.
What to Bring
- You may want to have a "dumb" watch or bedside alarm clock (not your phone). There are clocks all around the facility.
- Meditation Supplies provided: The Sanctuary provides chairs, yoga mats and yoga blankets. Feel free to bring your own meditation bench or cushion.
- Bathroom Supplies: Bring your own toiletries. Towels are provided but soaps and shampoos are not.
- Other: You may wish to bring a journal that can be very helpful in gathering inspirations during your retreat. Any reading material brought with you should be about philosophy, awareness practices, meditation. No magazines or newspapers.
- You can speak to admin or kitchen staff for personal needs (or pass them a note). Otherwise, we are holding verbal silence throughout the retreat period, on the grounds and in your room. There will be an opportunity to speak with the teachers during sessions, or when question and answer periods arise, and at the end of the retreat.
Adjustments to program
- We reserve the right to adjust the program and retreat leader as necessary for the successful operation of the retreat.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are causing a disturbance.
Is a silent retreat appropriate for me ?
- If you are on medication for psychological issues or experiencing large emotional swings, a silent retreat may not be appropriate. We do not provide counseling or therapy. You can email us before attending for advice.